Deadline: April 1, 2019 at 11:59 PM
- Complete the online application. You will not be able to save your application as you go. It is advisable that you answer all essay questions in a separate word document and paste your responses into the appropriate fields.
- Upload your resume and scanned copy of your official transcript (screenshots of your Penn InTouch unofficial transcript will also be accepted). Please ensure all documents submitted are in PDF format.
- You must submit two letters of recommendation. One must be an academic reference and the other can be academic or professional.
- You must identify an appropriate institution in India that you will affiliate with for your research project. This institution could be a university, laboratory, think tank, or non-governmental organization. You might be based in their office or be in contact with them throughout the duration of your project. The institution should be able to help you access additional resources, develop connections, and help advise you on your project. If you have not had prior research experience in India this could be the most time consuming part of your application and we recommend you start early. Be sure to share a draft of your project proposal with your proposed institution before requesting a letter.
- Online Application - Apply Here
- Scanned copy of official transcript (screenshot of Penn InTouch unofficial transcript will also be accepted)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, of which one must be an academic reference
- A letter of support from a partner organization or academic institution in India
After submitting the application you will be sent a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, your response has not been recorded.
Referees and Institution in India
Be sure to contact your referees and the institution in India that will be providing a letter well in advance of the application deadline. Letters of Recommendation and Institutional Support must be received by April 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
Please send the following links to your referee and affiliation institutions by email:
*Disclaimer: Recent Penn graduates who have already completed a higher-level degree are ineligible to apply. Applicants currently enrolled in a graduate program may not use this fellowship to support research requirements associated with their advanced degree. Applicants currently enrolled in a master’s or professional degree program can apply if they are taking a leave of absence, which must be submitted in writing.