CASI partners with grassroots organizations deeply committed to their communities guided by visionary leaders. These organizations include both Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and for profit companies that are working on a range of development issues including health, rural development, environmental sustainability, education, gender, financial access, and social enterprise. Since 2008, CASI has partnered with 12 organizations across India. Internship projects are based on the partner organization’s needs and interests of selected students. Funds for the CASI internships are made possible through the support of Penn’s Office of the Vice Provost for Global Initiatives in conjunction with Penn Abroad and Penn’s International Internship Program (IIP) and through the generous support of CASI donors.Deadline for Submission: January 25, 2016 (11:59 pm) please check back for more details
Apply through IIP! Applications Open on December 1, 2015
Summer 2016 Internships (CASI partners will be finalized in mid-January)
CASI-Aravind Eye Care Systems (Health)
CASI-CORD-Sidhbari (Rural Development)
CASI-Shahi Exports Pvt. Ltd. (Labor & Rural-Urban Migration)
Who can Apply?
• Penn undergraduates
• Penn graduate students who demonstrate how the internship fits in with their academic and professional career
• This competition is not open to any Penn student graduating in May 2016
• Attend CASI’s annual Student Programs Open House, Wednesday, December 9, 2015, 2pm - 4:30 pm at CASI (3600 Market Street, Suite 560)
• Attend a "Chai Chat” with past CASI Interns on Campus from November 2015 - January 2016
• Read the CASI Student Programs Blog
Penn Interns on Film!
Learn more about CASI summer internships by watching two videos (Chintan and SPS) on 2011 CASI interns Abby Waldorf, Laura Brown, Keena Kang, and Julie McWilliams as they share their experiences from the field.