Summer Travel Funds for Research
CASI provides up to $3,000 to undergraduate winners and up to $3,500 to graduate student winners to use towards international roundtrip economy fare and India in-country travel related expenses. We encourage applications from both Penn undergraduates, preferably juniors writing a thesis related to contemporary India, and graduate students focused on contemporary India or India in a comparative context.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2013 SUMMER TRAVEL FUNDS ARE NOW CLOSED
• Submit all documents as one PDF with a table of content and completed CASI Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Include your resume with expected date of graduation, and major (if declared). Graduate students must specify if in an M.A. or Ph.D. program.
• A 750 word description of your proposed summer research in India.
• Detailed plan of how you plan to spend the summer.
• An unofficial Penn transcript.
• A budget and funding request. (Please demonstrate adequate funds for research; CASI funds cover only travel expenses and we prefer applicants seeking other sources of funding)
• A brief statement from a Penn faculty mentor who will be guiding your work.
Attend the Open House for prospective applicants on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
Read the CASI Student Programs Blog